Located 30 Min west of Fort Hood along 1-90. The city was first named Burleson; however, the name was gradually changed to Lampasas Springs because of the existence of seven mineral springs. When the county was created in 1856, the law specified “The county seat shall be same name as the county.” The city of Lampasas was officially incorporated in 1883. The mission of the Lampasas Independent School District is to develop and encourage life-long learners and to share in the responsibility of educating the total child. The District strives to prepare the students physically, mentally, socially and morally toward the full realization of their highest capacities.